I found the following guided meditation video in a search. It starts with relaxation and breathing and then the meditation leader makes the statements printed below and many similar statements. I found it so helpful that I provide the so you can experience it in its original setting. I reproduce these affirmations as a sample. Perhaps you will find them so helpful you will seek out the original. I find them helpful as statements I wish were true — and goals toward which I can move.
- I am focused but flexible in my goals.
- I plant seeds of positive thought and I grow surrounded by a garden of positive
- I choose to recognize progress over chasing perfection.
- I celebrate achievements of others and my own.
- I learn to detach from end goals and stay present in the process.
- I choose to be grateful for the journey.
- If I fall, I bounce right back up.
- I am becoming a solutions oriented person, every single day.
- I choose courage. I am not afraid to take risks. I choose to live my life fully.
- I am open minded and I can ask for advice and help easily.
- I am responsible for me and the choices I make.
- I care about my well being and I feel joy in caring for myself.
- My happiness is my most precious possession, and I take care of it.
- I invite good people, adventure and pleasure into my life.
- I am sharpening my sense of when to say no and when to say an exciting yes to
opportunity that will lead to more success and fulfillment.
- I enjoy having willpower at my fingertips.
- I am calm and respectful.
- I am wiser everyday.
Pastor Mike Krewson