January 2023 Preschool Press
Mrs. Julie’s Preschool 4s
A Note from Mrs. Julie
Looking forward to a new year!
If you have any questions, please feel free to email or call at any time.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 314-843-2114 Ext: 208
What are We Learning
We will review the letters M, N, and O this month. We will read “Mouse Paint,” “The Mitten,” “Not Quite Narwhal,” and Commotion in the Ocean.”
The children will measure lines with shape links, count snowmen, mark which night owl is different, and make shapes in oatmeal.
For fine motor, the children will make letters in play dough, lace noodles, and write in oatmeal trays. For gross motor, we will play “What’s that Noise?” and Shadow Dance.
In the first week, we will learn about our five senses. The children will use scent bottles to distinguish different scents, taste lemons and graph if they like them, and feel different textures on a texture board. We will also pop popcorn and talk about what senses we are using during the whole process.
The children will experiment with Magic Milk. We will also predict if the groundhog will see his shadow and talk about what it means if he does see his shadow.
Monday: Language, Tuesday: Science, Wednesday: Life Skills, Thursday: Geography
- Week of January 2nd – What To Wear, California
- Week of January 9th – Rhyming, Habitats (land), Getting Dressed, Washington
- Week of January 16th – Rhymes, Habitats (water), Phone Numbers, Alaska
- Week of January 24th – Book: The Snowy Day, Habitats (arctic) Phone Numbers, Hawaii
- Week of January 31st – Color Names, Dental Health, Personal Hygiene, Arizona
- January 6 – Preschool Resume
- January 31 – Valentine Grams Available
Please remember to bring Preschool Folders every Preschool day.
Library check-out dates will be on January 11th (due on January 18th) and January 25th (due on February 1st)