October 2022 Preschool Press
Mrs. Julie’s Preschool 4s
A Note from Mrs. Julie
I will be completing fall assessments and sending a copy home in your child’s folder by the end of the month.
If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to call or email at any time.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 314-843-2114 Ext: 208
What are We Learning
We will continue reviewing our alphabet with the letters D, E, and F. We will also be recognizing and spelling our names while “playing drums.” We will be doing a story sequence with “There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Bat” and rhyming with “A Witch Has an Itch.”
The children will be tracing shapes on dinosaurs, graphing colors using fish, and counting spiders and pumpkins. We will also make patterns with fall items.
For fine motor, we will be cutting dinosaurs, building bridges for elephants, and saving spiders using tweezers. For gross motor, the children will be fishing for letters, going on an elephant stomp, and playing Frog Jump. We will also be throwing “spiders” at a spider web.
We will be making deer tracks in play dough and balancing elephants on bridges. We will also be finding bats in rice and making playdough monsters for sensory.
The children will guess whose animal footprint belongs to which animal and putting numbers in order with bats. We are also going to play “Erase a Letter Rhyme” and “Spooky Pokey.”
Monday: Language, Tuesday: Science, Wednesday: Life Skills, Thursday: Geography
- Week of October 4th – Letter Sounds, Hot Vs. Cold, Fire Safety, Illinois
- Week of October 11th – Letter Writing, Pumpkin Life Cycle, Our Address, Kentucky
- Week of October 18th – Letter Writing, Pumpkin Insides, Our Address, Tennessee
- Week of October 25th – Five Little Pumpkins, Magic Pumpkins, Halloween Safety, Arkansas
- October 4 – Fundraiser Starts
- October 12 – Pumpkin Patch Field Trip
- October 18 – Fundraiser Ends
- October 22 – Trunk-Or-Treat
Our class pet Clyde the Camel needs to be brought back on Monday so we can get him ready for his adventures with the next friend.
October’s Homework and Reading logs are due by the end of the month.