February 2023 Preschool Press
Mrs. Julie’s Preschool 4s
A Note from Mrs. Julie
I hope everyone has a great Valentine’s with their loved ones!
If you have any questions, please feel free to email or call anytime.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 314-843-2114 Ext: 208
What are We Learning
We will review the letters Q, R, S, and T this month. We will be reading “The Runaway Heart” and “Silly Sally.” We will also read “The Cat in the Hat” and “Green Eggs and Ham.”
The children will start the month counting hearts and graphing conversation hearts. We will also make rubber band shapes, sort coins, write numbers in rice, and count towers.
For fine motor, we will lace hearts, make quarter rubbings, and paint tigers. For gross motor, the children will exercise, play Musical Hearts, and toss balloons in the Cat’s hat.
The children will use conversation hearts for a STEM activity, use pipettes to make green fizzy eggs, make ducks Quack in a duck pond, and experiment with Fizzy Green Eggs.
The children will talk about who they love and what they would do if they were the President. We will also do Heart Zoophonics, play Right & Left, Musical Hearts, and play Green Eggs On The Ground.
Monday: Language, Tuesday: Science, Wednesday: Life Skills, Thursday: Geography
- Week of February 6th – Number Names, My Body, Germs, Utah, Musical Hearts
- Week of February 13th – Book: Love Monster, My Body, Healthy Lifestyles, Colorado, Bubble Wrap Jumping
- Week of February 20th – Shape Names, Pumping Heart Experiment, Emotions, New Mexico, Follow The Leader
- Week of February 27th – CVC Words, Weather – Snow, Needs VS Wants, New York, Cat In The Hat Toss
- February 1 – Dr. Lang Visit
- February 13 – Valentine Exchange
Library book check-out dates: February 8th (due on February 15th) and February 22nd (due on March 1st)
Please make sure your child has their folder EVERY Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.