October 2023 Preschool Press
A Note from Preschool
I will be completing fall assessments and sending a copy home in your child’s folder by the end of the month.
If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to call or email at any time.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 314-843-2114 Ext: 208
What are We Learning
We will continue reviewing our alphabet with the letters D, E, F, and G. We will also be recognizing and spelling our names while “playing drums.” We will be doing a story sequence with “There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Bat” and rhyming with “A Witch Has an Itch.” We will also be reading “Goodnight Gorilla.”
The children will be tracing shapes on dinosaurs, graphing colors using fish, and counting spiders and pumpkins. We will also make patterns with fall items and count monster teeth.
For fine motor, we will be cutting dinosaurs, building bridges for elephants, and saving spiders using tweezers. For gross motor, the children will be fishing for letters, going on an elephant stomp, and playing Red Light Green Light.
We will be making deer tracks in playdough and mixing yellow and blue. We will also be finding bats in rice and making playdough monsters for sensory.
The children will guess whose footprint belongs to which animal and put numbers in order with bats. We are also going to play “Erase a Letter Rhyme” and “Spooky Pokey.”
Monday: Language, Tuesday: Science, Wednesday: Life Skills, Thursday: Geography
- Week of October 2nd – Letter Sounds, Hot Vs. Cold, Fire Safety, Illinois
- Week of October 9th – Letter Writing, Pumpkin Life Cycle, What To Wear, Kentucky
- Week of October 16th – Letter Writing, Pumpkin Insides, Getting Dressed, Tennessee
- Week of October 23rd – Five Little Pumpkins, Pumpkin Magic, Halloween Safety, Arkansas
- Week of October 30th – Room on the Broom, Bats, Snacks, Oklahoma
- October 10th – Fundraiser Starts
- October 11th – Pumpkin Patch Field Trip
- October 18th – Fundraiser Ends
- October 21st – Trunk-Or-Treat
Our class pet Tiki the Toucan needs to be brought back on Monday so we can get him ready for his adventures with the next friend.
October’s Homework and Reading logs are due by the end of the month