January 2021 Preschool Press
Mrs. Julie’s Preschool 4s
A Note from Mrs. Julie
Happy 2021!!! We are going to have an exciting start of the new year.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email or call at any time.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 314-843-2114 Ext: 208
What Are We Learning
We will review the letters L, M, and N this month. We will play Pass the Letter Bag which the children will have to say the letter they picked along with the sound. We will read “The Mitten” and “Snowmen at Night.”
The children will measure with shape links, put numbers in order with snowmen and match shape shadows.
For fine motor, we will build with Lincoln logs, lace noodles to make necklaces, and build snowmen with Snow Dough. For gross motor, the children will toss bean bags to the letter L to make 4 in a row, Shadow Dance, and play musical instruments.
One of our weeks this month we will learn about our five senses. The children will use scent bottles to distinguish different scents, taste lemons and graph if they like them, and feel different textures on a texture board. We will also pop popcorn for a snack and talk about what senses we are using during the whole process.
The children will watch a lava lamp, guess how many marbles, and predict if the groundhog will see his shadow.
Monday: Language, Tuesday: Science, Wednesday: Life Skills, Thursday: Geography
- Week of January 4th – Opposites, Habitats (land), Phone Numbers, California
- Week of January 11th – Opposites, Habitats (water), Phone Numbers, Washington
- Week of January 18th – Color Names, Habitats (arctic), Home Address, Hawaii
- Week of January 25th – Number Names, Ice Melting, Home Address, Alaska
- January 1 – Center Closed
- January 4 – Preschool Resumes
- January 13 – Parent Conferences (No Preschool)
- January 18 – No Preschool
Parent Conferences will be on Wednesday, January 13th. If you don’t feel comfortable doing in person, I will be doing them by phone as well.
Please remember to bring Preschool folders on Mondays!