November 2022 Preschool Press
Mrs. Julie’s Preschool 4s
A Note from Mrs. Julie
We will have Thanksgiving History Celebration with Preschool 3s. I will send out more information when the time gets closer.
If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to call or email at any time.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 314-843-2114 Ext: 208
What are We Learning
We will review the letters H, I, & J this month. The children will be doing our Zoophonics with hammering letter H words. We will also be story sequencing “There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Bell.”
The children will make shape stables for horses, count beads while making an inchworm, and graph jelly beans. We will also measure thanksgiving items.
For fine motor, we will transfer honeycombs with tweezers, lace an inchworm, and write with feathers. For gross motor, the children will hammer the letter H, play hopscotch outside, and dance with jingle bells.
We will make hearts on the light table, and make Ten Frames with ice cream. We will also explore with Jello in sensory bags.
The children will play “Who Am I?” with farm animals and graph their favorite ice cream. For Thanksgiving, we will play “Yes Please, No Thank You” to review our manners and talk about the different foods we eat on Thanksgiving.
Monday: Language, Tuesday: Science, Wednesday: Life Skills, Thursday: Geography
- Week of November 7th – Opposites, Nature Leaves, Setting the Table, Kansas
- Week of November 14th – Opposites, Acorns, Good Manners, Nebraska
- Week of November 21st – Opposites, Turkeys, Being Thankful
- Week of November 28th – Book – “The Scarecrow’s Hat, Sink VS. Float, Chores – Dishes & Laundry, Iowa
- November 1 – Hunger Drive Starts
- November 18 – Thanksgiving History Celebration
- November 24-25 – Center Closed (Thanksgiving)
- November 30 – Hunger Drive Ends
Please remember folders need to be brought to school every day.
Please contact me with any absences, questions, or comments related to Preschool.