April 2023 Preschool Press
Mrs. Julie’s Preschool 4s
A Note from Mrs. Julie
I will have an Open Conference day on April 28th. Be on the lookout for more information.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email or call anytime.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 314-843-2114 Ext: 208
What are We Learning
We will review the letters X, Y, and Z this month. We will be reading “Felix Feels Better,” “See the Yak, Yak,” and “Zee Zee the Zebra.” We will also read “If I Were The Easter Bunny” and practice Mixed-Up Zoophonics.
The children will be graphing jelly beans and making patterns with Easter eggs. We will also be adding with pictures and counting insects. We will also make sort yellow objects and sort animals into zippered pouches.
For fine motor, the children will make X-rays with Q-Tip, build bugs, make shapes with yarn, and practice writing their first and last names. For gross motor, we will play Easter Bunny Dance and Freeze, jump on X, and ABCs of Yoga.
This month, we will be learning about the Water Cycle. The children will create a Rain Cloud with Gravity painting and put the Water Cycle in sequence order. We will also talk about the life cycle of a flower.
The children will have an Easter Egg Relay, graph if we like rain, and Erase the Letter poem. We will also have out Trike-A-Thon.
Monday: Language, Tuesday: Science, Wednesday: Life Skills, Thursday: Geography
- Week of April 3rd – Sight Words, Frog Life Cycle, Shoe Tying, Texas
- Week of April 10th – Sight Words, Butterfly Life Cycle, Clothes Review, Rhone Island
- Week of April 17th – Book: The Tiny Seed, Earth Day, Recycling, Mountain Ranges
- Week of April 24th – Blends, Static Electricity, Problem Solving, Mississippi River
- April 3-7 – Week of the Young Child
- April 28 – No Preschool (Trike-A-Thon)
Library book check-out dates: April 12th (due on April 19th) & April 26th (due on May 3rd)
Please make sure your child has their folder EVERY Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.